In the great state of Colorado, there have been some major changes in the judicial department regarding the distribution and use of marijuana. It is now one of the fourteen states that has legalized the use and distribution of marijuana for medical reasons. Marijuana laws are still a hotly debated topic here because there are people on both sides of the argument who feel very passionately about their opinions.
The Obama administration has put marijuana usage and distribution as a low priority for the D.E.A. This has led to a swell in the medical marijuana industry and now dispensaries are almost as common as liquor stores here in Colorado. But in order to see how it affects you, learning about these new laws is an absolute necessity. If you are planning to use or you are curious about what these new laws will bring to Colorado, then here are the basics laid out for you.
An important distinction that must be noted is that only those with a medical marijuana card can purchase it. In order to obtain one of these cards, the patient must have a serious illness like HIV, glaucoma, cancer, or any other illness that includes chronic and severe pain. Of course, the use of marijuana without a medical card is still an offense. But Colorado law has always been lenient on the use of the drug. Possession without a prescription, as long as it is under 1 ounce is only a petty crime. This means no jail time and a small fine much like a speeding ticket. CBD Oil In
The possession of the drug in larger quantities, however, is still considered a misdemeanor and illegally distributing the drug still results in a felony charge of up to four years in prison. The seriousness of not following the proper channels cannot be stressed enough. If you do plan on using marijuana for recreational or medical use, be sure to take every precaution. If you have been caught using or distributing, then hiring a criminal attorney familiar with marijuana law is recommended.
Whether you are trying to find ways to use marijuana or CBD Oil In
, if you are just curious as to all the changes that have been going on in Colorado, the above statements should clear things up a bit.
Medical Marijuana - The Federal Response
1. Fast food has a very high energy density. About 65 percent higher than a typical diet and twice as high as recommended healthy diets which makes us eat more than we otherwise would. Energy density refers to the amount of calories an item of food contains in relation to its weight. Foods with a high energy density confuse the brain's control systems for appetite, which are based solely on portion size.
2. British researchers from the Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Center and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have determined that repeated eating at McDonald's or KFC or Burger King, people are more likely to gain weight and become obese. This is because fast food not only contains many more calories than traditional food, but also is more likely to undermine normal appetite control systems.
3. By eating a Big Mac and fries, the body consumes almost twice as many calories as you would if you ate the same weight of pasta and salad. Fast Food restaurants feed the obesity epidemic by getting people to eat many more calories than they need through persistent advertising.
4. McDonald's, KFC, and Burger King menu items using nutritional data from the fast food restaurants' Web sites, found that when we eat high energy density foods, we don't reduce the portion size so we get a lot more calories than we need. Our current society possesses a weak innate ability to recognize foods with a high energy density. Food intake is assessed by the size of the portion, yet a fast food meal contains many more calories than a similar sized portion of a healthy meal. The conclusion is we are all being fooled into eating too much food.
5. People get fat eating regular portion sizes, but since the food has a high energy density, people gain weight. In evolutionary terms, the human appetite was designed for low energy density foods. In other parts of the world where these foods are still the dietary staples, obesity is virtually non existent. Our bodies were never designed to cope with the high energy dense foods consumed in the West. That is a major reason why fast food in contributing to the major rise in obesity.
6. Another fact is that fast food may speed up people's risk of clogged arteries that can lead to heart attacks. Researchers at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in San Francisco have demonstrated that a certain type of fat, called oxidized fat, can accelerate the buildup of plaque in arteries. And many types of fast food such as hamburgers, pizza and French fries are loaded with oxidized fat. The conclusion is fast food meals are high in saturated fat and low quality carbohydrates, white bread and lots of soda. Our bodies require fiber and more healthful types of fats. Fast food represents a dietary pattern that is the opposite of what is recommended for a healthy body.
How Does CBD Oil Work For Muscle Spasticity (Spasms) for MS and Spinal Cord Injury?
Marijuana is a known dangerous drug that is kept illegal alongside other dangerous substances like cocaine, PCP and heroin. To some people, it should remain that way, however, there are some who strongly insist that marijuana should be legalized. This is because they believe that this herb brings no danger to one's self or anyone. There are even groups of individuals pointing out the medical benefits of marijuana, which should not be denied to people. Still, there are some people who believe that marijuana should be further explored before making any actions.
As debates and arguments regarding medical cannabis continues to drag on, more and more researchers are continuing with their tests regarding the use of medical marijuana. Others have even come up with various strains of marijuana, which can help in treating certain illnesses. As more of these tests and researches provide scientific and credible results, more and more medical experts are seeing the potential of medical marijuana. In fact, many states today are supporting the use of it for medicinal purposes.
Indeed, every drug has a risk, including the most common ones that are found inside medicine cabinets. Medical experts and doctors would often balance the risks against the good these medicines would bring. It is now being done with cannabis as well. The truth is many researchers and experts have found out that marijuana has a lot of medical benefits. It can provide relief to ailments that has symptoms of chronic pain like cancer and severe arthritis. Moreover, it is said to provide relief to AIDS wasting syndrome as well as the nausea during chemotherapy sessions.
Science has also proven the risks of marijuana, but these risks are outweighed by the benefits for the risks are very small. According to several research, medical marijuana's side-effects would be the euphoric mood swings, relaxed and/or impaired motor functions as well as increase in appetite. Compared to other medications that may provide the same results as medical marijuana, this herb doesn't have long-term side-effects and has no risks of overdose.
With all the good talk about medical cannabis, doctors would still say that the danger of using cannabis is not gone. The main concern they have is the effect of cannabis smoke. This smoke has more harmful chemicals and tar as compared to a regular cigarette. Though, this is a proven thing, there's no way you can smoke 20 sticks of marijuana per day. Moreover, many gadgets have been introduced in the market today, which vaporizes marijuana instead of smoking it.